Recording Stories & Poems
Students will create an engaging audio performance of an original poem or story.
- I can record and share an original story or poem.
- One to one devices
- Individual stories and poems
- Part One: Preparation
- Part Two: Writing!
- Guide students to the Idea or Group they will be posting from. Allow students time to write.
- Part Three: Recording
- Prior to publishing, have students record their story or poem using the record feature underneath the textbox. Encourage them to try and captivate the reader/listener in the way they read their piece.
- Publish! Have students share to your class Group and consider having them choose to share to a wider audience (like the Poetry Slam Group).
- Have students choose a photo from photosforclass.com and create an original story or poem based on the visual. Don’t forget to record!
- Have students read and comment on the posts of their classmates. (Commenting Resources)
- Use the Description area when creating an Idea to provide step-by-step instructions or links to instructional references (ie skill videos, visual aids, etc).
- Use the audio tool to record instructions when creating an Idea. You can read the Idea and Idea Description text out loud so students can listen and replay them as needed.
- Modify the lesson to include small groups and be sure to follow provided personalized accommodations based upon any student’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP).