Passionate teachers and school leaders have found many creative ways to provide Write About access for their students. Once you've found a grant opportunity, here are some tips for getting that grant funded!
Align Your Goals
What are the student outcomes that Write About is going to help you meet?
- Increase of how much students are writing in the following:
- ELA Curricular
- Content area
- Increase in the amount of personalized instructional feedback they receive for writing
- Increase in positive attitudes about writing by students
- Increase in student autonomy and confidence for writing and digital literacies
- Increase in positive/social/academic participation in a digital community
Plan Your Integration
Define success and then design with the end in mind!
- Who are the teachers, support professionals, and administrators who are leading the rollout?
- How will Write About be integrated with new or existing curriculum?
- How will Write About be integrated with new or existing technology?
- How and when will teachers learn about the platform and be able to collaboratively design their instruction around the new opportunities?
- How will student choice and voice be integrated into the rollout?
- When and how will teachers share, reflect and celebrate on their digital writing journey?
- How will success be supported and measured on an ongoing basis?
Make It Sustainable
- Write the grant for a 2 year pilot period with realistic goals that account for the time it takes to change practices in the classroom
- Plan for a way to bring Write About into the core school budget if the grant-funded pilot is successful
Let us know how we can help get the platform in the hands of your students and teachers!